This tutorial shows you how to setup Subversion on Dreamweaver using Google Code. I’m using CS6, but it likely applies to earlier versions.
- Create an account on Google Code: http://code.google.com
- Create a new project: http://code.google.com/hosting/createProject
- Click “Source” and you should see something similar to:
You’ll need the following information.
Server address: lil-josh-demo.googlecode.com (replace with yours)
Repository Path: /svn/trunk
Username: JoshFromIU@gmail.com (replace with yours)
Password: You can find your password by clicking googlecode.com password.
- Open your site in Dreamweaver. From the dropdown click Site -> Manage Sites and double click your site to open it.
- Click the Version Control tab from the left.
- Enter your Google code information from step 3. For example:
- Click Test and then Save if everything worked.
- I’d recommend watching this video to get a quick overview of the Dreamweaver’s Subversion features: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-dreamweaver-cs5/working-with-subversion-and-dreamweaver/ (skip to 1:40)
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to setup a subversion server, and found that Google Code was the easiest solution. If you have any feedback or questions feel free to leave a comment. Thank you and enjoy!